Pages

Friday 26 November 2010

The last day of the campaign and the power of voting of Green

Today is the last day of my campaign for the state seat of Melbourne.  I have had a great time and met lots of people throughout the electorate.  I would like to thank all the volunteers who have helped me so much during the campaign.  I couldn't have done it without you.

Chatting to an inner city local at Lygon Street

From the feedback I have received from residents, it is clear that we need to make big improvements in public transport, public housing, planning decisions and childcare.

Your vote is powerful.  If I get elected I commit to pursuing these and other improvements with a vigour that the major parties choose not to match.

I did my last radio interview with Jon Faine on ABC 774 radio this morning. After the interview I chatted to some locals in Lygon Street who were born in Italy.  They were all interested in voting Green as an alernative to the same-same policies of Labor and the Coalition.

Chatting with Lygon Street locals


At 12:30 I attended the last event before the election with all the Greens MPs and the inner city candidates on the steps of parliament.  You can watch the video below.







I also joined with the protesters from the Care Leavers Australia Network (CLAN) who are demanding that Wards of the State to get justice and redress from the victorian government.




Supporting the Care Leavers Australian Network protest

Its over to you the voter now.  Remember that its your vote and your preference, you don't need to follow the how-to-vote cards of any political party.

If you vote 1 for me (and number all the other boxes) and I get elected, the state seat of Melbourne will change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment